--- Lori Fye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
Well folks, try as I might - and I REALLY wanted
> this - the 90% mental
> did not beat the 10% physical ... or perhaps it was
> 5% physical, as it
> was just my right knee that gave up.

The important thing is - you gave it your best shot.
And there's always next year (ouch!) I have the same
problem with my knees, especially the right one and it
hurts most when I'm going DOWN stairs (not up though.)
If you find anything out about what you can do about
that, I'd love to hear it. I understand it sometimes
relates to the muscles on one side of the knee and leg
being stronger on one side than on the other, so if
that's the case, I guess you need something to improve
the muscles on the *other* side so they're balanced.
It all has to do with balance, as so few of us are
naturally "balanced" - there are times I wonder how we
humans manage to stand up and walk at all! On the
other hand, if the cartilege is shot, I'm not sure
what a person can do other than joint replacement, but
I hope there are better ways, as joint replacement is
a bit extreme at such a young age.

=====
Catherine
Toronto