I have joined this list only a few months ago and have enjoyed most of the NJC
postings until the political (and personal) discussions among very few members
here started to dominate everything else.

I cannot describe how much energy I spent on NOT replying to some postings
because I knew they were meant to provoke and lead nowhere.

That doesn't mean I am not interested in knowing other members' opinions on
politics in general.

I also wish it were possible to discuss interesting personal things (whatever
that is :)) without everything being archived at
which is the reason why postings show up as Google search results.

As an additional way of communication I offer to compile a buddy list of
AIM/AOL users and mail it to anyone interested off-list. That way you could
import that list and see whether anyone from this list here is online and
maybe in the mood for a little chat. AIM offers the ability to send instant
messages as well as create chat rooms.
To use AIM, you simply have to get a free user name. It doesn't require AOL
membership.
More info here:
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/starting_out/getstarted.adp

AIM also has a "talk" function, i.e. if you have loudspeakers and a microphone
or a headset, you can talk to other members. You can also directly send files
etc. etc.

So anyone interested please send your AIM/AOL name to me off-list. Addition of
the country you live in would be nice, too.

moni
(AIM: kellerfrau)