Bruce, I agree completely about Woodstock.  So many writers trot out the
"voice of her generation" cliche and cite Woodstock as some sort of hippie
anthem, but Joni's version of her own song doesn't sound like an anthem at
all.  I'm not sure it's a particularly hopeful song.  She DREAMED she saw
the bombers turning into butterflies, but dreams aren't reality.  She says
we've GOT to get ourselves back to the garden; she doesn't say we're
already there.