Bob Murphy asked me off list if the recent Chicago nightclub tragedy (21 dead) was not a fire but a panic caused by pepper spray.

I went back and look at my unread Chicago newspapers in a neat pile that serves as my indoor fire hazard and he is so right - so I correct my earlier post.

A fight broke out in the nightclub, pepper spray was used to break up the fight, a panic for the exists started, security guards locked the doors (????) and the people stampeded on top of one another. Most died of cardiac arrest.

Vince