Bob rated:

> Good Friends (an OK pop song)C+

 Gotta give that one at least an A- and love the sentiments there.

> Fiction (Much too busy lyrically)F

Oh no.  A+++.  And the busy-ness of the lyrics is what makes it so grand.

> The Three Great Stimulants (solid Joni, literate & pensive) A-

Agree on that one.

> Tax Free (Preachy rhetorical lyrics, anti-melodic) F

A+++.  Can't beat this one.  Don't find it preachy at all.  As a matter of
fact, seems anti-preachy to me.  Guess one could see it either way.

> Smokin' (Empty, Try Another) (A novelty throwawy, coulda been a contender
and some funky bass work) C-

A+  Love it just the way it is.  A keeper with me.

> Dog Eat Dog (Great song, weak production)A

A+  Think they said it just the way it should have been said.

> Shiny Toys (Good production (for what it was), weak song)D

This one I didn't like.  F.

> Ethiopia (Beautiful and so sad) A

A+++

> Impossible Dreamer (ditto but a bit more hopeful) A

A++++  Can't improve on perfection.

> Lucky Girl (another OK pop song)C

B+  Nothing wrong with pop.

Too bad she won't go trendy for a flavor or the month again.

mack