Colin wrote, among other things, in response to me:

"  But doesn't the ultimate root of the illness/negativity lie elsewhere?

no. it lies with all concerned. Personal responsibility means us too!"

Colin, I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence.  And I agree with much
of what you wrote.  My point is that sometimes the "jerks" get let off the
hook a little too easily.  I'd just like to see people take a little more
responsibility, in general, for the effects of their behavior on others.

It's on my wish list--just as my hope that this war can be averted is on my
wish list.  That doesn't mean I expect it to happen anytime soon.

Mary P.