Mary E. Pitassi wrote:

My point is that sometimes the "jerks" get let off the
hook a little too easily.

it certainly seems that way. I am sometimes eaten up by this thought-that people get away wtih stuff. In then end tho there is not much i can do. i can either think, well, they have got away with it, or believe that no they haven;t and what goes around comes around. Someone I know who brings out the worst in me, like murderous thoughts!, I know suffers because of their own self,and not just a bit either. that helps me deal with my feelings about them.