I just picked up the brand new Kim Fox CD (a fantastic singer/songwriter with
a girlie-girl vocal style and an incredible musicality).  The first verse of
the first song on the CD is this:
       I was at the well wishing for a good omen
       When into my hand did you fly
       Like Joplin and JONI, California dreaming
       Feel a small tickle did I

Do we have a Joni in song department?  Do we file this in Joni in fiction?
Of course, there are other mentions of Joni in song:

"Oh-oh!  'My favorite song,' she said, and it was Joni singing, 'Help Me..."
Prince/The Ballad of Dorothy Parker

"Now I don't have the soul of Joni, and I cannot picture myself like Miss
Laura"
Melissa Manchester/Funny That Way

Any others?
Ken