Chuck writes:

<<  It was called Sam Stone. Though I think the song was talking more about
the

miss treatment of Vietnam vets by the American government and of course the

uglieness of heroin addiction. >>

Yes, but it all goes in the big ol' war-what-is-it-good-for pot, as far as I
am concerned!

The reason I asked Alison about bluegrass-type music is that I thought there
might be some Civil War era anti-war songs I don't know about. The only WWI
and WWII songs I could think of were all pretty much pro-war, or at least
about missing home or a soldier . . . but I am sure there's at least one
anti-war song for every war. How about "Oh, How I Hate to Get up in the
Morning?" (WWI, I think.)

    --Bob