In a message dated 3/26/2003 3:24:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> something so comforting about them, escaping back to a relatively
> more innocent time

Funny, I was just listening to someone talk about how things were back in the
fifties.  What intrigued me was that apparently, people held their political
affiliations as intensely private matters.  It was something people didn't
discuss in polite conversation.  It's kind of like we've gone through a
tribal societal change and the pendulum is really at the opposite end now!  I
think some of that good old politeness sounds sort of comforting...
I find comfort in listening to music while driving in the car late at night.
i just drive through the back roads in Ohio and listen to music.  The other
night it was Vaughan Williams, tonight it was The Blue Nile.  Also, I have a
big old fat cat that i like to talk to before we fall asleep.  Her name is
Beatrice Louise, and she is incredibly sedate and comforting.
Ken