On Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003, at 08:25 Europe/London, Kate Bennett wrote:
i find myself watching the gameshow network if i can't sleep...late at night
they have those old shows like 'to tell the truth' & 'what's my
line'...something so comforting about them

I take comfort in the people around me, and what they mean to me. I'm blessed with an amazing group of friends, so whenever anything's wrong, I have people to turn to. They in turn know I'm also here...

When we're talking late at night, wide awake, I tend to
resort to sci-fi or fantasy books.  The stories within
may be filled with parallel problems to those of our world,
but the environment and people are often so completely alien
that it's sufficiently escapist to make me forget, for a
time, about this world.

And then there's music.  Spaking a bass guitar along to
some driving rock music is always therapeutic, I find.
The neighbours might not agree with me, but hey, that's
their problem, right? :-)

--Chris Marshall

chrisAThatstand.org (AIM: Chr15Marshall)

"If you're ever lost, I'll beat the world to finding you"
    Stryngs, "Bobblehats and Beer"
    Band website, with downloads, at http://www.stryngs.com/