Just wanted to chime in what an extraordinary experience the documentary was last night. the early footage was amazing. I was amazed at Joni in her wedding gown - what an amazing beauty she was (and knowing that it was all a sham makes it even more poignant). There is just so much there that I applaud the director for making it as comprehensive and respectful of Joni's genius as it was. Incredible.

And yes, they did skip Dog Eat Dog and Chalkmark, but the more glaring exception to me was Hissing of Summer Lawns. They went from Court & Spark straight to Hejira. But as Patti said last night while we were watching it, there was probably no way to explain it in a short amount of time.

Also, in my own humble opinion, I don't buy the idea that Joni's done. Her crop rotations will continue as long as she has breath. I loved when she said "why am I not a star of the 90s? I just won two grammys!" I will still hold out hope for her next phase. :-)

Hope you are all well and gleaming. suemc

PS I would have paid 50 bucks just to watch the 3minute segment of her playing Blue live. I died and went to heaven. :-)
--

"Heart and humor and humility will lighten up your heavy load ... " - Joni Mitchell