Hi,

> The problem itself can only be solved if the transfer protocol is a bit
> more complex, meaning: Osm-Server should only put data in the DB which
> are affirmed by the client:
> 1. josm sends new primitive
> 2. server sends new ID
> 3. josm replies the new ID to the server
> 4. server stores the primitive

This won't happen in the near future so let's try our best to work with
what we've got.

Dirk's suggestion sounds not too bad. If we manage to educate our users
a bit ("after a failed/cancelled upload, make sure to re-download the
area from the server before re-attempting the upload") then the problem
can be solved just as Dirk said; if a new node is downloaded from the
server at the exact place where we have a node that is tagged "uploaded
but to confirmation received" then we assume that our node has in fact
been uploaded and merge it with the one we've got.

But this is a lot of work for a rare case, only do this if you really
think it's necessary ;-)

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"