Hi Joynetters;

A big thanks to pathrose for his very enlightening
mail.
What he says is historically true and perfectly
correct.
They cannot be called Christians becoz they dont
accept Jesus as God.which is the most important thing
required to be called a christian.
They say he is Son of God therefore inferior to god..

All this comes from their too literal form of reading
the bible.They have made their own translation called
new world translation and keep quoting from there.

in 1876 when Charles russell started this group it was
called "International Bible Students"

then in 1931 rutherford and then later on nathan knorr
renamed and reinvented the organisation calling it the
"jehovahs witnesses" and came out with all those funny
beliefs they have which is nothing new but just a
combination of many half-truths and errors from the
past 2000 years.. as rightly pointed out by pathrose.
Even things like blood transfusion and birthday
celebrations are not accepted and promoted by them.
all this started when nathan knorr became president of
this organisation..and not when it was originally
formed.

Let us be wary of them,they are like wolves in sheeps
clothing.pray that u be given wisdom to deal with
them.
Let me know if u need further clarification.

i will put some more info on the fallacy of their
beliefs later..

Love and Prayers

Ravi