Hi All,

I was rather shocked to see a Jehovah's Witness
pamphlet posted on Joynet. Many weighty ecclesiastical
authorities have categorically stated that this group
cannot be termed Christian.

 Their baptism is not valid since one has to accept
the trinitarian dogma to recieve a valid baptism. The
Baptism can be administred only " in the Name of the
Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". By
saying " in the Name" and not "in the names" the
Church holds fast to the teaching of Christ. It
implies that Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three
distinct persons, are hypostatically One, having the
same Glory.

Jehovah's witnesses hold forth the Arian heresy,
condemned by the Church assembled in council at Nicea
in 325.
The council confessed, and we continue to confess that
" we believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, born of the
Father before all Creation, God from God, Truth from
Truth, Light from light, True God from True God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial (ie.One in being)
with the Father". Anyone who denies any of these
propositions stand condemned by the Church.

As for the name Jehovah:- This name is a translators
correption of the divine Name revealed to Moses on the
mount. The first consonants of the words of the Name I
AM WHO I AM, when written in Hebrew are YHWH. How this
Name is to be pronounced was lost during the
Babylonian captivity.

This Name appears in the English versions as LORD. But
Jews,at the time of Christ, and before, did not read
out this name out of reverence. Instead they used the
word ADONAI ( trans. "Lord" ). The word Yahowah was
mistakenly constructed as a combination of the two
Divine names; put the vowels of Adonai, in the order
in which they appear, between YHWH and see for
yourself.

The Jews had many other titles for God, like EL, (God
), Shaddai (Mighty Lord of the Hosts)----etc.
All these appellations can be used by Christians too.

BUT............ , because we are Christians, because
we are saved by the precious Blood of His Son,
because,the Only Begotten has taught us thus , we MUST
call God ABBA ( A Hebrew equivalent of Daddy, Papa).
We are a Royal priesthood and children of the King.
Eventhough  God is our Lord , he is OUR FATHER. This
is the sort of relation we must have with Him.

If you face any difficulties when interacting with the
Arian heretics who go in the guise of Jehowah's
witnesses, approach a Priest who can help you.
As St Peter says in his 2nd epistle " The Scriptures
contain many things difficult to understand which
wicked people distort to their own destruction".

Love in Christ Our Lord

Alphus Pathrose, Kochi,India
http://im.yahoo.com