Hi Joynetters,
Again i would like to state that let us be cautious when we quote scripture..
Let us not quote for quoting sake.. and let us not quote with out understanding the
meaning and context of the text.. Since it leads to confusion and fear among those who
read ur mails..
Suicide is a sin against God because God has given us the stewardship of this body and
our lives and not the ownership of it. It is Mortal Sin.
Sin is commited against  God and God is the final authority to decide whether he has
to forgive or not forgive..Let us not try to limit or quantify the mercy of God.
The Passage from 1Peter 3:18-4:6 has a specific context. It is meant as an exhortation
to Christians especially those who are persecuted  to keep the faith and remember that
christ has triumphed over death and that in baptism they have been cleansed from sin
just as during the flood it is shown that the earth was cleansed of all sinful people..
With God all things are possible..Let us assume the fact that god shows them his mercy
in a way we dont know..
So let us keep Suicide victims in our prayers.. So that they may keep usin their
prayers at out time of death..

Love and Prayers
Ravi

 "JASON:)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Dear Alfred Samji and Dear JYs

Reading Alfred's mail to my query was really inspiring. However I find some
of these points relatively new to me. Maybe cause I have never come across
any teaching on them. Take for example Alfred quoting 1 Peter 3:18 to 4:6
stated that God preaches to those who are already dead so that they might
live in obedience to God in their lives as spirits. In short they are given
another chance to be in God's fold. This is really new to me. Also quoting
Mt:12:32 There is a reference to a World to Come. Now I do know that some
denom like the Jehovahs really quote this part fluently. So what is this
Comin World that Jesus Speaks about.

Now when I had queried about Suicide in another list, these are some of the
replies I got.

1. Suicide is murder and since your dead when you commit the sin you can't
ask for forgiveness...

2. Suicide is a question that must be left to God to judge. Medical
scientists tell us that the brain lives for perhaps four or five
minutes after the body dies; you can do a LOT of praying in that time.
However, only God will judge anyone anyway. We can 'settle the question'
for ourselves by believing in Jesus, but it is presumptious to attempt to
condemn OR excuse anyone else. God alone knows their heart.

3. The question ask about suicide is a very good one. Some time ago I was
called to the psyco ward at a local hospital.
A young man had attempted to take his own life.I ask him if he had ever
given his life to God, and he said he had.I told him that he would have had
to take his life back from God's hands in order to destroy it. A few days
later his mother came to see me at the church. She thanked me, and She told
me that because of what I had said to her son, he would never again attempt
suicide. Sometime later he died in an automobile accident.

urs in faith

Jason
Mumbai

If you don't want the fruits of sin, stay out of the devil's orchard.