Dear Friends,

Reading the mails on suicide has given me much thought. Here is what I
feel about it.

Suicide is a condition where a man is lead to believe the delusions that
satan creates around him, he starts believing what satan says, and loses
all hope and trust in the Lord, fears the worst , and when, on his own he
sees no way out, he ends his life.

But the Lord , wont he get angry and saddened, when a soul loses his
trust in HIM, ... and we see in the Gopsel, wheh Jesus went out to his
own village, He could not perform miracles there because of the lack of
faith of the people of that town..

so if a person loses his faith in the Lord, and trust more of his own
self and the lies of the tempter, is he not lost already ? OR ... for
another illusion, take the book of Job, there, we find a conversation
between the LORD and the devil.... chapter 1:6-12 (6when the day came for
the heavenly beings to appear before the Lord, Satan was there among
them.7 The Lord asked him, "what have you been doing?" Satan answered, "I
have been walking here and there, roaming around the earth."8 "Did you
notice my servant Job ?" the Lord asked. "There is no one on earthas
faithful and good as he is . he worships me and is careful not to do any
evil". 9  Satan replied,"Would Job worship you if he got nothing out of
it ? 10 you have always protected him and his family! and everything he
owns. you bless everything he does, and you have given him enough cattle
to fill the whole country. 11 But now suppose you take away everything he
has- he will curse you to your face!" 12 "All right," the Lord said to
satan, "everything he has is in your power, but you must not hurt Job
himself". So satan left.

Infact, there is a challenge placed before the lord... and satan asks for
a testing time for Job, and the Lord agrees, as long as the devil does
not harm Job's soul... and despite the tests, here satan fails.

  BUT in the case of suicide, the soul decides to give up his spirit and
then, satan wins, and God loses the challenge.... SO that would also mean
that the person is already lost to the devil. How then can we reclaim him
from the devil ?

when a person decides to commit suicide, he is proving the Lord's trust
in that soul as wrong.. and defeats the Lord, how then can he be with the
Lord again ? It would be like having the devil's supporter in heaven. Our
God is a jealous God, and he would have no rivals. so what i feel is that
when a person commits suicide, he is LOST permanently.

Also, think of what Judas did,.. after betraying the Lord, he felt
guilty, but did not ask for forgiveness, but he too was tempted by the
devil and committed suicide, and the bible nowhere mentions that Judas
Iscariot was saved by prayers , and is in heaven.

What I believe is that, when a person dies , other than by suicide, and
was a believer in Christ before he died, his soul would go to purgatory
to make amends for the sins he committed while he was on earth. That soul
would not reach heaven until he pays back for the sins he committed
deliberately. Paryers for such as him, would help reduce his suffering
and enable him to reach heaven speedily.

Yes, thru Jesus all our sins are forgiven, by sins  I mean personal sins.
Now sins when committed affect both the soul and the community he lives
in. ( Remember sodom and Gomorrah, where the sins of the people made God
punish the whole city) when a person commits a sin, he sins against God
and against his community or city. And the effects of his sin make the
place around him sinful.      Our own personal sin is cleansed by the
Blood of the Lamb, BUT we have to do good the wrong we did against the
city/community. If we do not make good the wrong we did, our sins against
the community would grow in amount , so much so that God may end up
destroying whole cities,  or the cities may become so foul that younger
generations would become foul. And that is why OUR LADY appears in many
parts of the world asking for penence and sacrifices

----Original Message Follows---- From: "JASON:)" Dear Alfred Samji and
Dear JYs Reading Alfred's mail to my query was really inspiring. However
I find some of these points relatively new to me. Maybe cause I have
never come across any teaching on them. Take for example Alfred quoting 1
Peter 3:18 to 4:6 stated that God preaches to those who are already dead
so that they might live in obedience to God in their lives as spirits. In
short they are given another chance to be in God's fold. This is really
new to me. Also quoting Mt:12:32 There is a reference to a World to Come.
Now I do know that some denom like the Jehovahs really quote this part
fluently. So what is this Comin World that Jesus Speaks about. Now when I
had queried about Suicide in another list, these are some of the replies
I got. 1. Suicide is murder and since your dead when you commit the sin
you can't ask for forgiveness... 2. Suicide is a question that must be
left to God to judge. Medical scientists tell us that the brain lives for
perhaps four or five minutes after the body dies; you can do a LOT of
praying in that time. However, only God will judge anyone anyway. We can
'settle the question' for ourselves by believing in Jesus, but it is
presumptious to attempt to condemn OR excuse anyone else. God alone knows
their heart. 3. The question ask about suicide is a very good one. Some
time ago I was called to the psyco ward at a local hospital. A young man
had attempted to take his own life.I ask him if he had ever given his
life to God, and he said he had.I told him that he would have had to take
his life back from God's hands in order to destroy it. A few days later
his mother came to see me at the church. She thanked me, and She told me
that because of what I had said to her son, he would never again attempt
suicide. Sometime later he died in an automobile accident. urs in faith
Jason Mumbai ================================================ If you
don't want the fruits of sin, stay out of the devil's orchard. -----
Original Message ----- From: Alfred Samji To: Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002
6:44 PM Subject: Fwd: Re: Re: [JOYnet] Suicide : A Query (My comments) >
Hi friends, > Just wanted to put up my comments on this subject. We all
know that suicide > is a sin. Killing whether it be of self or of another
person of course is > condemned in the 10 commandments. The point now is
whether praying for a > dead sinner makes any difference to the salvation
of that person. In Matt > 12:32 Jesus Himself tells of an afterlife where
sins will be forgiven. He > talks of two worlds where sins will be
forgiven i.e. 'in this world' and > 'the world to come'. > > [M't:12:32:
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall > be
forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not
> be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.]
> > This clearly depicts of another world after the death of a person,
where > sins can be forgiven i.e 'the world to come'. > > We also have
proof in 1 Peter 3:18 to 4:6 where Peter from 3:18 goes on to > 4:6 and
tells of how Christ after being killed on the cross visited the >
'spirits in prison' i.e the spirits of those who were disobedient in the
> days of Noah. It is said that Christ went to them and preached the
gospel to > them so that in their life as spirits they might 'live
according to God in > the spirit'. > > [1Pe:3:18: For Christ also hath
once suffered for sins, the just for the > unjust, that he might bring us
to God, being put to death in the flesh, but > quickened by the
Spirit:19: By which also he went and preached unto the > spirits in
prison;20: Which sometime were disobedient, when once the > longsuffering
of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a > preparing,
wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. > 1Pe:4:6: For for
this cause was the gospel preached also > to them that are dead, that
they might be judged according to men in the > flesh, but live according
to God in the spirit.] > > This again depicts a world where God preaches
to those who are already dead > so that they might live in obedience to
God in their lives as spirits. In > short they are given another chance
to be in God's fold. > We read in Genesis of how big the sins of those
people spoken of here were. > > In the context of the Rich man who came
to Jesus we see Jesus first telling > of how difficult it is for the rich
to enter the kingdom and later goes on > to say 'With men this is
impossible; but with God all things are possible.' > (M't:19:23 to 26).
Our God is a loving God. His likeness is that of love. He > is full of
mercy and compassion and it is solely because that He loves us > that He
sacrificed His only Son on the cross to save us, to make us part of > His
family. > > Our loving Father will not turn down an appeal for mercy by
one of His own > children for another. Praise the Lord. > > > > Regards
in Christ, > > Samji / Dubai
================================================ If you don't want the
fruits of sin, stay out of the devil's orchard. ----- Original Message
----- From: Jason Herbert To: Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 9:40 PM
Subject: [JOYnet] Suicide : A Query > Dear JYs > > We have recently read
the 2 Part mails of Father Thomas on whether Sucide is > a Sin or not. It
was really a wonderful sharing. I had recently been for a > Retreat.
There the Priest had mentioned that a Person committing Suicide is > as
good as Handing over ur Soul to the Satan. > > My Question is :
Considering that a person commits Suicide and knowing that > his Soul is
as good as lost. Is then fruitful then praying for his Soul or > would it
be waste to do so > > Please note i am not saying that it is waste to
pray for any1. But > considering in this case of suicide or like
euthanasia whatever the case may > be would it be fruitful then to pray
for that soul. > > I would really love ur views on this. > > urs in faith