Dear Friends,

Praise the Lord! Yes, we have a bigger reason to praise the Lord now! We are blessed
with a new Bishop. Bishop Thomas Macwan has been ordained as the Bishop of Ahmedabad
Diocese on last Saturday, 11th Jan. He is the first Gujarati bishop in the 100 years
history of the church of Gujarat.

The Lord has allowed me to participate in the glittering ceremony on Saturday and I
could personally meet and congratulate the new bishop. There was a huge gathering of
priests and nuns and more than ten thousand people to participate in the gathering.
Cardinal Ivan Diaz of Mumbai, all the 3 other bishops of Gujarat and 4 other bishops
from various other parts of India graced the occasion.

Ahmedabad diocese is now divided into two i.e. Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad. Gandhinagar
is archdiocese and Bishop Stanlislaus Fernandes is the Archbishop from now on. While
working as the Dean of Nadiad deanery, Bishop Thomas Macwan has been putting a lot of
efforts to conduct charismatic programs. He has supported Jesus Youth activities
wholeheartedly and it was a great boost for us to reach out to the villages. Bishop
has now chosen his mission “to serve and to proclaim the Good News”.

Please very specially pray for Bishop Thomas and for the whole of Gujarat.

Love, Sibi

---
"God does not require us to be successful but he expects us to be faithful" (Mother
Teresa)
Sibi Joseph
Ahmedabad, India
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]