I would like to bring here as well these results:
http://webreflection.blogspot.com/2009/04/taskspeed-dom-vs-libraries.html

Dojo team is already working about this and I think it makes sense to, at
least, consider the fact every library is somehow penalizing Internet
Explorer.
As I wrote in the Dojo ML, I am not sure this is the right direction to
follow.

What I mean is that every team seems to compare few milliseconds for the
"fastest library medal", and in already fast browsers, but apparently no
one  is considering that the most used browser with the slowest JS engine
(you got it, it's Internet Explorer) performs extremely bad with every
common library, compared to native DOM implemented tasks.

Dojo already created a page to try to fix the gap:
http://bill.dojotoolkit.org/taskspeed/

I hope my test will help to improve IE overall performances with jQuery too
but obviously it is up to you to decide what to do about it :)

Regards

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jQuery Development" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-dev?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to