On Apr 16, 12:47 pm, "mike.helgeson" <mike.helge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really? When given a helpful, simple, and absolutely correct response,
> that is how you act?
I'm not sure why you are referencing the version on rentalbeast. I was
referring to the version on my laptop, which does not have this
problem. As it happens, I did a lot of things before posting my
original message, including searching all the addin files for
instances of '@type'. There are quite a lot of them as it happens, but
they are all in the comments. For that matter, I searched for just the
'@' character too, with a lot more hits, but about the same
information. I didn't check the files on the website, because the
problem showed up when I was testing against localhost. The
rentalbeast website is currently using version 1.2.6 of jQuery, and
I'm trying to get it to work with version 1.3.2.

> http://www.rentalbeast.com/ScriptLibrary/jquery.checkboxes.js
>
> Here is a mirror to the code in case Bill gets self conscious and
> fixes the "obvious".
Why are you casting aspersions? I'm going to replace the incorrect
version in due course, but not to cover anything up.

I'm not sure why the problem showed up during local testing --
possibly it used the cached version of the copy on the website. That
might also account for why it didn't happen after the first instance,
in which case it's still a problem for somebody. If it used the cached
copy before the load of the correct copy was completed, then there's a
race condition, quite possibly in the browser. I'd guess that that
could be difficult to detect, and even more difficult to fix. I'm
worried that the caching in Firefox may be based only on the filename,
not on the full path. I suppose I'll have to start putting the version
number into the filename, to avoid this issue in the future.

Sheesh, there sure are a lot of oversensitive people around here. It
would be more helpful if you pointed out that there is an updated
version of checkboxes, since the documentation doesn't say that
anywhere that I can find. Is there a site anywhere that has a list of
all the versions that are compatible with each other?

Of course, I should point out that it's not my code, and I am not
responsible for errors in other people's code. I suspect I've been
writing software professionally since before most of you were born
(since 1961, to be precise).