I've been watching this thread from afar and I don't really get it.
This is OO programming and it's quite common to have different classes
having methods with the same name but different semantic (obviously since,
again, they are different classes).

someFunction.bind() has semantic within the Function world, jQuery.bind()
has semantic within the jQuery world.

I mean, I wouldn't mind a .reverse() method for a string, an array or a
video, perfectly knowing they obviously wouldn't behave the same.

Unless a new pure Object method appears which name clashes with jQuery, I
see no reason to break backward compatibility to circumvent what happens to
be a feature in an OO programming language. Aren't we thinking a little
"Pascal" here? ;)