Chris W. Parker wrote:
Hello,
As a humble user of jQuery and several great plugins I would like to
request that anyone who releases anything to the public always insert
the version of the release in the filename.
Instead of my_cool_plugin.js, use my_cool_plugin.v1.js. Instead of my_cool_plugin.latest.js, use my_cool_plugin.v1.js.

For keeping track of what file is at which version, it's much easier to
do if I can quickly glance at my js directory and see the version in the
filename.

(This goes for the jQuery team too.)

Regards,
Chris.

I totally understand your point, but I think this isn't practical from a plugin developer's standpoint and it completely counteracts what version control is meant to be, e.g. versioning vs. simply adding files with each new version.

I never took a closer look at how to do that, but Brandon was starting to tag his plugins which makes more sense to me and better utilizes what SVN offers to the developer.

--Klaus