From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of AJ
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:20 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] CNN and Apple Choose Prototype. Why?

Two stories today from Ajaxian (Ajaxian.com) caught my eye and made me
curious:

CNN Beta Site:
http://ajaxian.com/archives/cnn-beta-site

Apple Revamps Its Website
http://ajaxian.com/archives/apple-revamps-its-website

In both cases, Apple and CNN have gone with Prototype and Scriptaculous. I
should say up front I'm a big fan of jQuery and Interface, but I'm wondering
why two big sites like this would adopt Prototype when other high-profile
sites like Technorati have adopted jQuery.

Are there any standard arguments for Prototype that I don't know about? Or
is it simply a matter of preference and that's all? Just curious.