"text", not "language"?

I have been having weird problems today.  One is that Firebug shows
the CSS as the CSS that I was using with Dan's version of the
control.  Yet, I have replaced that.  I have cleared the cache, all
temp internet files, I have done a full hard drive search, yet still
Firebug show it to be using the wrong CSS.  It's driving me a bit
nutty, to say the least.  I can't figure out where it is getting this
CSS (assuming this is not a Firebug error).

It's going to be kind of difficult to get a site posted.  My demo web
server is not set up right now.  I'll see what I can do.  In the
meantime, any suggestions on the CSS thing would be a help.