Sean,

Attributes in (X)HTML don't need to be double-quoted, again single-quotes
are equally valid there so '<a href="...">' and "<a href='...'>" are
effectively the same and both valid.
I know you probably know, I just wanted to rephrase "It is easier to type an
html string if you use single quotes:" in case :-)

--rob

On 7/26/07, Sean Catchpole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/26/07, Mitchell Waite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This going will make me sound really dumb but what is the difference
between
> using single quote versus double quotes in jQuery, e.g.

Mitchell, the concept of single vs double quotes is more of a javascript
question.
The simple answer is that there's no difference really. It is easier to
type an html string if you use single quotes:
Single: var html = '<a href="#">link</a>';
Double: var html = "<a href\"#\">link</a>';
But sometimes you might want to use double instead:
Single: var str = 'I\'m in love';
Double: var str = "I'm in love";

So just use whichever you feel is better for the situation. Some people
are used to single quotes representing characters, whereas others think html
= double quotes, javascript = single quotes.

~Sean

--
Rob Desbois
Eml: [EMAIL PROTECTED]