I am no longer with the agency that built Meijer.com, but I am proud
to announce the launch, and the fact that jQuery is doing 98% of the
heavy lifting. Take a peek at the persistent cart, product previews,
and the slider on the homepage. Just about everything you experience
here is a precursor to the plugins I built, and that is only what you
can see. There is lots going on behind the scenes.

This was an intense effort, but as always, there are numerous changes
I would make to the implementation. You know how it goes -- one of
those "what exactly was I thinking when I did that" moments. Still, if
you want to know how to use jQuery for some intense functionality,
check out the "/js/utility_javascript.jsp", and then view the source.
If you experience technical difficulties, please do not contact me --
get in touch with CS at Meijer :)

Brian Reindel
d'bug @ blog.reindel.com