Wow, thank you for the support, both of you!
I'm just uploading the changes now, the wrong selector for the older
jquery I'm using was a big mixup for me.

Removed the bgiframe code as I didn't need it, and made the navigation
target more specific (I think I noticed a loading speed increase
straight away in firefox by the way!).

The updates are on the pages above, and don't appear to be  functional
still. An example page here:
http://cressaid.brettjamesonline.com/staley/products.html

Again, the css is not defined properly for ie to have the right width
(I'm assuming padding/margin), but the menu itself is still not
appearing. I did notice that I can make it appear, by rapidly clicking
on the products page, and it will eventually load with the drop down
preset. Before that, It doesn't appear :/

Am I running into a problem with swfobject now?