On Oct 7, 4:39 am, Andy Kent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  <snip>
> http://andykent.bingodisk.com/bingo/public/jss/

I *exactly* wanted to do the same plugin. I also used similar idea in
some of the projects already (crude code without plugin). My ideas
were:

1. Common crossbrowser CSS in a file, say crossbrowser.css
2. CSS2 in css2.css. Not linked, but commented out (linking in non-
compliant browser has side effects for the selectors. So, just
commented)
3. CSS3 in css3.css. Not linked, but commented out

Plugin:
1. If FF (more other detection for capability)
   a. link the css2.css via script
   b. Don't link css3.css, but hack the rules and fix them via $.css()
  [Parse the comments, find css3.css and get the content with $.ajax,
parse the content and apply hacks)

2. If IE
   a. Don't link css2.css & css3.css, but hack the rules and fix them
via $.css()

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/