Karl Swedberg wrote:
thanks, Dave. You're right about that. Problem is, I'm not sure how to deal with it. I'm afraid I was too stingy with the DIVs when I decided on the HTML structure. The rounded-corner theme was an afterthought that I kind of shoe-horned into what was there.
Guess that explains why the top/bottom arrow doesn't work with shadow either ;)

Now, if you don't want anything to appear in the "title" part, you can write start the title attribute's value with a pipe, like this: title="|first line body|second line body"
That's the approach I have been using, thanks.

Then, (only tested in FF because it's past midnight), you can modify the margin declaration for .cluetip-rounded #cluetip-inner to have a top margin of -12px. That will adjust the text up into a bit more appealing position within the tooltip.
I'll try that -- thanks again.