A good idea, Howa, however I've been barking up the
"standardization", "consistency", "documentation",
"plug-in-compatibility-with-various-jquery-versions",
"bring-all-this-together-in-a-standardized-format-in-one-location"
for months, now.

The response I always get is:  Core developers and plug-in authors
are volunteers, so no one should expect that they will participate
in the work involved to coordinate and standardize the jQuery core,
plug-ins, and documentation.

Right now, it's just track down info as best you can find it, test
it all yourself to have any certainty, and good luck to you.

As jQuery and its plug-ins mature, it's getting more and more difficult
to put the framework to use.

Although jQuery has brought much to the JS world, we're getting what
we're paying for as far as standardization and documentation goes...

There's time to write books, but no time to develop a database-driven
content management system to bring all the information on the core,
plug-ins, and documentation under one roof, or rather, one site.

*sigh*

Rick