I dunno, I'm one of these people starting to really see the benefits
of keeping as much out the core as possible, as jQuery's plugin
architecture doesn't add any overhead, although I'm starting to link
along the lines of jQuery.core.js and jQuery.utilities.js, where
functions like this come as part of a core package, but are not
required by the core.