So what I'm understanding is that there is no official jQuery
documentation that we can download for offline reading and
development?

I searched this area and that's all I've found so far. Some of it is
old. Is there a better solution?

I mean, I'm about to take the bus for 45m and I'd like to use that
time for jQuery.

Darcy