I'm completely versed in the show/hide options available, but have a
problem I haven't been able to figure out. I'm hoping jquery will have
the answer.  I have 5 checkbox input options, the first two options
providing the same show div. For example,

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
        function showMe (it, box) {
          var vis = (box.checked) ? "block" : "none";
          document.getElementById(it).style.display = vis;
        }
        //-->
</script>
</head>

<form>
<input type="checkbox" name="modtype"  value="value1"
onclick="showMe('div1', this)" />value1

<input type="checkbox" name="modtype"  value="value2"
onclick="showMe('div1', this)" />value2

<input type="checkbox" name="modtype"  value="value3"
onclick="showMe('div2', this)" />value3

<input type="checkbox" name="modtype"  value="value4"
onclick="showMe('div3', this)" />value4

<input type="checkbox" name="modtype"  value="value5"
onclick="showMe('div4', this)" />value5

</form>

As you can see, the first two options should show the same div.
Selecting one or both isn't a problem, the div appears as should, but
when deselecting one of the checkboxes, the div disappears even though
one of the checkboxes is still selected.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can get the div to remain
selected when one of the two checkboxes is deselected? Or, if either
of the checkboxes are selected, to provide just one result?

Thanks!