Alright... this is getting me close to the proper
animation on each li in the menu.

                $(document).ready(function() {

                        $('#menu-details').hide();

                        $('li').mouseover(function() {
                                $('#menu-details').slideToggle();
                                return false;

However, I've got to prevent every menu item from opening
and closing the menu-details div if menu items are passed
over quickly.

My thought is to integrate the hoverIntent plugin.  ???

Also, this doesn't tackle the issue of knowing what details
should be displayed based on what li is be moused-over.

I guess I could give each li a distinct id, such as
#li-buyers, #li-sellers and then have the content hard-coded
into the menu-details div's.  I would also need to hard-code
each menu-detail div with a separate id for now, such as
#menu-detail-buyers, #menu-details-sellers...

That seems like it would at least provide a working solution
until I can figure out an ajax approach.

Thoughts?

Rick