On Jan 25, 6:01 am, "Alexandre Plennevaux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> arf my bad,  good catch karl :) ,  indeed i meant the packed version ! And
> then i guess whatever's gzipped still needs to be uncompressed by the
> browser which means it has a sensible influence on the performance of low
> specs computers , no?

I did some tests a couple months back to check the file-size and load-
time using the three different formats (full, minified, and packed)
with and without gzip compression turned on:

http://www.ericmmartin.com/comparison-of-javascript-compression-methods/

I would agree that the specs of a users pc/browser would affect the
load-time, especially for the packed versions.

-Eric