The form submits when I click the submit button on the form.  But the addDoc
function doesn't fire.  Not even when I simply reduced it to "alert('hello
world)."  What I don't know is what data is coming back from the server and
if there's a problem.  If there is no problem from the server, why isn't my
success function firing.

The reason I know the submit is working is that when I reload the page I see
the item listed (as it should be).