I think you need to use the ajaxSubmit method rather than (or in addition to) the ajaxForm method. ajaxForm just "preps" the form AFAIK.

-- Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 11:17 AM
Subject: [jQuery] ajax form plugin question

When a form is submitted - specifically with a file upload - with the
ajax form plugin, firebug doesn't show a submission, nor any return.
This is making it difficult to debug, hince the question.  I know that
my files are being uploaded, but the success function doesn't seem to
be running:

addDoc = function(data){
$('#docform').resetForm();
$('#formmodal').jqmHide();
alert(data);
stripe('#documents');
removeDoc('#row' + doc);
}

fileValidate = function(formData){
if(!document.docform.attachment.value)
return false;
else
alert('about to submit');
}

$('#docform').ajaxForm({success: addDoc, beforeSubmit: fileValidate,
dataType: 'json'});

Am I missing something.