>  I'm still having trouble with this. All of my code is already written
>  inside the doc.ready function. The code which needs to be located
>  outside of the doc.ready function HAS to be able to call code within
>  the doc.ready body. I'd be GREATLY in debt to anyone who could help me
>  resolve this issue.

Are you saying that you have a function defined inside doc-ready that
needs to be invoked by some other code (outside of doc-ready)?  If so,
why don't you just declare the fn outside of doc-ready?

As you've written it, any code any where could call your global bh
function (after the doc has loaded).