I use the (free) debugbar toolbar for Internet Explorer. It's not as full-featured as Firebug, but it does have a console and some other nice features. This is a list of features from their homepage (http://www.debugbar.com/ ):

* DOM Inspector: View DOM Tree and modify tags attributes and css attributes on the fly to test your page * HTTP Inspector: View HTTP/S request to check cookies, GET and POST parameters, view server info * Javascript Inspector and Javascript Console: View javascript functions for easier debugging, see Javascript and AJAX code * HTML Validator: Validate HTML code to correct and optimize your code and html size of your page * And many more features: See page cookies, get pixel color on a page, make a page screenshot...

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com