Hi Drew,

Here is another quick patch I've worked out for you. Remove that other
line I gave you (the one that manually applies hideSuperfishUl on
document ready. Then alter the following line of Superfish.js:

CHANGE THIS:
o.$path = $('li.'+o.pathClass,this).each(function(){

TO THIS:
o.$path = $('li.'+o.pathClass+':first',this).each(function(){

That way, the "path to restore" only includes the submenu of the first
li that has the 'active' class, both on page load and mouseouts. This
limiting of the detected 'active' path seems like it may be the way to
go to provide flexibility to the pathClass feature so that these types
of menu are doable. I'll figure out a proper way of adjusting this
from the options object, but for now I hope this hack finally solves
the problem for you.

Joel Birch.