Hi,

> > Is it absolutelly necessary, that $D has all the other jQuery
> > functionality? If not just hav the code you need in $D.
>
>    Not necessary, but I want to have them chained with jQuery object
> [...]
> > Is it absolutelly necessary, that the functions have the name click() and
> > hover()? Maybe you can simply add dclick() and dhover to jQuery.
>
>    Yes, I want to override click
> [...]
> The idea was to replace
> $ ('foo').click() with $D('foo').click() whenever necessary to speed up the
> pages.

Instead of changing your code from $('.foo').click() to $D('.foo').click() to
$('.foo').dclick() doesn't seem to be much difference to me. Then jQuery
chaining, etc. even feels like the original. I think, that dclick()  and
dhover() are the best solution for the problem you try to solve.

Where is the problem with simply using your jQuery Version everywhere? When it
is functionally equivalent but faster you might want to share your
improvements with all of us.

> It was working fine, but I lost the code.

svn and backups are your friends. SCNR.

Christof