Thanks for the feedback...so I guess I was correct in my assumption
that the general page load was affecting the script?  The majority of
that ~1MB page load is the images, and I can't really get rid of those
(all the flash will be gone soon, it's part of an ad campaign ending
this weekend).

I checked out Texas Online and the dynamic load feature is a great
idea.  My only concern is the my site is pretty visual and the images
are a key feature, I worry about the user experience on an initial
load...every time the carousel flips they'll have to watch another
image load.  I'd almost rather a short pause up front than repetitive
image load.

Is there a way to prevent it from waiting for images to load, or to
maybe put a 1px GIF in there to trick the script into thinking it has
loaded already?

--Illah