Thanks Karl, I didn't realize I shouldn't start an id with numeric
characters, I've been doing it for a long time without issue.

I've tried the changes you recommended, but still no scrolling.

I added an 'a' to the beginning of the id, and now my code is

[code]
        function scrollToShow(trackid){
                $.localScroll({
                target: '.holdList li#a'+trackid, //could be a
selector or a jQuery
object too.
                queue:true,
                duration:1000,
                hash:true
[/code]

i've checked that I have the right class name for the list, and that
the id's are in the html properly.