:-) wish I'd read this posting before finding the root cause myself. You were spot-on, rolfsf: the nested lists (which happen to have LI's that started with C and L) were getting included. Thanks.

- Jack

rolfsf wrote:
craig - I notice that the Location: X and Category: Y content are both
lists/list items. I haven't looked at the script, but I suspect it may
be hiding and counting those - you're problem with both the high count
and the disappearing content is the same problem. It's counting
Category in the "C" count, and the Location in the L count., and then
hiding that content in all but the C and L lists.

rolfsf