Looks great!

Rick

pixeline wrote:
guys, we should definitely use this online tool to ask questions. it seems really useful to our mailinglist !

      Sent to you by pixeline via Google Reader:

    An Interesting Twist on a Pastebin

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/ajaxian/%7E3/415896674/an-interest-twist-on-a-pastebin>

via Ajaxian » Front Page <http://ajaxian.com> by Rey Bango on 10/9/08

Pastebins have become an important part of sharing code with colleagues. Sites such as Pastebin <http://pastebin.com/> & Pastie.org <http://pastie.org/> are extremely popular because they’re easy to use and very effective in letting people compare notes on source code, especially in a support setting.

Remy Sharp <http://remysharp.com> wanted to take the pastebin concept a step further <http://remysharp.com/2008/10/06/js-bin-for-collaborative-javascript-debugging/>, past the static posting of code. His idea, which he tossed around for 6 months, finally came to fruition in the form of JS Bin, a new pastebin site with a twist:

    JS Bin is a form of paste bin, but with a twist. It allows you to
    also include the HTML and CSS to provide context to your pasty. As
    such, it means you can actually run the JavaScript and pass this
    on to a colleague to help to debug.

This is a great idea as it lets you troubleshoot your code while seeing immediate results. The feature list is well thought out as well.

    * Save private snippet
    * Remote Ajax debugging
    * Snippet URLs run entirely on their own (i.e. without the JS Bin
      framework around them)
    * Support to quickly inject major JS libraries including jQuery,
      jQuery UI, Prototype, Scriptaculous, Dojo, MooTools & YUI
    * Saves state within the open window (i.e. refresh and the code
      doesn’t reset)

The ability to inject many of the popular JavaScript libraries is especially important and I would highly recommend individual project teams to contact Remy /*directly*/ to have their libs included.

To give this a run, I’d suggest going to the JS Bin site <http://jsbin.com/> and putting it through its paces. In addition, Remy has produced two videos which go into detail on how to leverage JS Bin:

    * JS Bin Video Introduction <http://jsbin.com/about#video>
    * Ajax Debugging <http://jsbin.com/about#video>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/ajaxian?a=A9TDM> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/ajaxian?a=iNgoM> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/ajaxian?a=toK7m>