guys, we should definitely use this online tool to ask questions. it
seems really useful to our mailinglist !

Sent to you by pixeline via Google Reader: An Interesting Twist on a
Pastebin via Ajaxian » Front Page by Rey Bango on 10/9/08
Pastebins have become an important part of sharing code with
colleagues. Sites such as Pastebin & Pastie.org are extremely popular
because they’re easy to use and very effective in letting people
compare notes on source code, especially in a support setting.

Remy Sharp wanted to take the pastebin concept a step further, past the
static posting of code. His idea, which he tossed around for 6 months,
finally came to fruition in the form of JS Bin, a new pastebin site
with a twist:

JS Bin is a form of paste bin, but with a twist. It allows you to also
include the HTML and CSS to provide context to your pasty. As such, it
means you can actually run the JavaScript and pass this on to a
colleague to help to debug.

This is a great idea as it lets you troubleshoot your code while seeing
immediate results. The feature list is well thought out as well.

- Save private snippet
- Remote Ajax debugging
- Snippet URLs run entirely on their own (i.e. without the JS Bin
framework around them)
- Support to quickly inject major JS libraries including jQuery, jQuery
UI, Prototype, Scriptaculous, Dojo, MooTools & YUI
- Saves state within the open window (i.e. refresh and the code doesn’t
reset)
The ability to inject many of the popular JavaScript libraries is
especially important and I would highly recommend individual project
teams to contact Remy directly to have their libs included.

To give this a run, I’d suggest going to the JS Bin site and putting it
through its paces. In addition, Remy has produced two videos which go
into detail on how to leverage JS Bin:

- JS Bin Video Introduction
- Ajax Debugging
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Ajaxian » Front Page using Google Reader
favorite sites