Yeah, what a great idea and incredible job by Remy.

-- Josh

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: pixeline
  To: Jquery-en
  Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:57 AM
  Subject: [jQuery] An Interesting Twist on a Pastebin

  guys, we should definitely use this online tool to ask questions. it seems
really useful to our mailinglist !

  Sent to you by pixeline via Google Reader:

  An Interesting Twist on a Pastebin
  via Ajaxian » Front Page by Rey Bango on 10/9/08

  Pastebins have become an important part of sharing code with colleagues.
Sites such as Pastebin & Pastie.org are extremely popular because they’re easy
to use and very effective in letting people compare notes on source code,
especially in a support setting.

  Remy Sharp wanted to take the pastebin concept a step further, past the
static posting of code. His idea, which he tossed around for 6 months, finally
came to fruition in the form of JS Bin, a new pastebin site with a twist:

    JS Bin is a form of paste bin, but with a twist. It allows you to also
include the HTML and CSS to provide context to your pasty. As such, it means
you can actually run the JavaScript and pass this on to a colleague to help to
debug.

  This is a great idea as it lets you troubleshoot your code while seeing
immediate results. The feature list is well thought out as well.

    a.. Save private snippet
    b.. Remote Ajax debugging
    c.. Snippet URLs run entirely on their own (i.e. without the JS Bin
framework around them)
    d.. Support to quickly inject major JS libraries including jQuery, jQuery
UI, Prototype, Scriptaculous, Dojo, MooTools & YUI
    e.. Saves state within the open window (i.e. refresh and the code doesn’t
reset)
  The ability to inject many of the popular JavaScript libraries is especially
important and I would highly recommend individual project teams to contact Remy
directly to have their libs included.

  To give this a run, I’d suggest going to the JS Bin site and putting it
through its paces. In addition, Remy has produced two videos which go into
detail on how to leverage JS Bin:

    a.. JS Bin Video Introduction
    b.. Ajax Debugging

  Things you can do from here:
    a.. Subscribe to Ajaxian » Front Page using Google Reader
    b.. Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites