> Maybe I am mistaken but this example looks to me like it would
> eventually load all images into the page, what if you had a 100
> images?

No, the add2 demo shows a way to fetch one image at a time.  Cycle
provides the hooks to do whatever you need to do.  There are before/
after callbacks and there is an addSlide method on the options object
which is passed into them.  But it's up to you to determine the best
approach for your particular needs.  The demo pages are there to give
you ideas and to show how the options and callbacks can be used.

Mike