> No, the add2 demo shows a way to fetch one image at a time.  Cycle
> provides the hooks to do whatever you need to do.  There are before/
> after callbacks and there is an addSlide method on the options object
> which is passed into them.  But it's up to you to determine the best
> approach for your particular needs.  The demo pages are there to give
> you ideas and to show how the options and callbacks can be used.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

The plugin is very nice and one of the best out there.

The note says that two slides must be present in a slideshow, also the
example nulls out after all slides have been loaded.  I am assuming
that stops the adding of slides.

How can I make this work with the next and prev button?
Would I still need to null it out?

Can I have no img tags preloaded into the containing div and use the
next and previous buttons to load 1 img tag using 0 as the starting
index, then from there just change the src property based on the
index? So I would never have more then 1 slide tag in the containing
div.

TotalSlideCount will change when the dropdown selection changes

I don't understand this line: var currentImageNum =
parseInt(next.src.match(/beach(\d)/)[1]);
The part I don't get is /beach, this looks like cycle is doing some
regex stuff.