> Yuck, why "patch" the js file when a custom parser could just be
> built?

IIRC, the custom parser changed from being able to sort as a set to go
an item by item comparison, which eliminated being able to do a
natural sorting algorithm. This is a bit different from Rodent's
requirements but remains a difficulty nonetheless.
How would you propose an custom parser for sorting naturally the
following and retaining this order?

z1.txt
z2.txt
z9.txt